Computer Engineering Department
To equip women with excellent education in Computer Engineering, enabling them to play significant leadership roles in technology and society
- Impart excellent education, necessary skills, training and experimentation capabilities in the field of computer science and engineering.
- Create a vibrant and an intellectually stimulating environment for students to promote innovative and multidisciplinary real world problem solving.
- Develop women professionals and imbibe work ethics and leadership skills in them, thereby helping them pursue successful career and contribute to science and technology.
- Collaborate with industry and other universities to help create competent computer professionals.
- Strive to fulfill the expectations of all relevant stakeholders.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare students for academic competence, to be employed as computer professionals, for industry, higher studies, research, entrepreneurship and to significantly contribute to the society at large.
- To develop students’ fundamental knowledge related to mathematics, science, computer science, computer engineering and to make them capable of providing solutions to challenging problems and multidisciplinary problems.
- To enrich students with soft skills, leadership skills, professional skills and work ethics to make them good computer professionals and role models for future generations.
- To prepare students capable of self-learning, to have the ability to adapt to changes and to possess the ability to understand the impact of engineering on society and humankind.
Cummins College of Engineering was established in 1991 under the umbrella of “Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha, Pune”. Department of Computer Engineering started in 1991 with intake of 60 students. The first undergraduate batch rolled out in the year 1995. The intake capacity was subsequently increased from 60 to 90 in the year 2001 – 2002 and from 90 to 120 from year 2002 – 2003. The second shift for computer department started from the academic year 2010 with an intake capacity of 60. The department was accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the years 1998, 2001, 2004, 2006 and 2012.
The department offers students an undergraduate program which is affiliated to Pune University. Here the students gain breadth and depth of knowledge in a multitude of computing specialties and are well prepared for industry positions as well as academic positions. Department continuously try to improve the programme delivery to keep our graduates competitive in the job market. Graduates from the department are heavily recruited by both academia and industry. All over the world, ex-students of the department occupy best positions in both academia and industry. After graduation, the department continues to enjoy strong interaction and support from alumni.
The department also receives generous support from members of local IT industry. Department initiated ‘TechnoTryst’ a technical event in 2004, which is now a college level event. Eminent personalities such as Dr. D.B. Phatak, Dr. P.K. Sinha, Dr. Uday Khedkar and Dr. Vijay Bhatkar have interacted with the students and faculty over a period of time. Department has close association with Persistent Systems Ltd., Pune, an IT Company since 1995. The college also has a MOU with KPIT Cummins, Pune and Purdue University, U.S., which helps department in identifying I.T. trends, advanced topics accordingly to arrange awareness among students.
The Department laboratories possess more than 360 high end PCS with necessary licensed operating system and software. All the labs are well protected with UPS. The department also has a separate Internet facility available for students where they can surf the internet to gather unlimited information and increase their knowledge with the 12 Mbps dedicated line. In addition to this, the final year students are provided with two dedicated Project Labs having high end desktops for their final year project. Students work on different platforms and technologies to fulfill their needs of the project. All Laboratories are well equipped with network printers. The department has a blade server which is used for intranet applications.
A separate departmental library consisting of previous seminar reports, Project Reports, various manuals is available to help students make study material readily available. In addition to this, the college library has a very good collection of academic and general information books and subscriptions for journals on the topics related to the study of the Computer Engineering.
Our dedicated full-time faculty, who not only strive to excel in the classrooms, but are always here to help students. The department has young and enthusiastic faculty members who provide expertise in their areas of interests which are major areas of computer science and engineering.
The combination of all of these elements makes the Computer Engineering Department a very exciting place to be.