About The Information Technology Department
Instill proficiency in information technology among women through quality education for the benefit of society.
- To provide cutting-edge technical knowledge to develop industry-ready women professionals.
- To nurture research attitude among students.
- To cultivate ethical practices and sense of societal responsibilities.
- To foster interpersonal and leadership skills through co-curricular and extracurricular activities to enable students for higher studies.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates who will possess knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology to pursue successful careers in IT industry and higher studies.
- To develop competent IT engineers having core knowledge of data structures, databases, operating systems and computer networks for solving technological problems with systematic approach.
- To expose students to variety of information technology domains for widening their technical breadth and depth to solve multidisciplinary problems.
- To groom students to have conscience of ethical practices and commitment towards societal contributions.
- To develop abilities of students for lifelong learning through conducive academic environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Upon successful completion of UG course in Information Technology, the students will attain following Program Specific Outcomes:
- Apply mathematical fundamentals, algorithmic principles, system programming concepts and theory of computations for developing computer-based systems.
- Employ software architecture and engineering concepts to provide IT solutions in areas like business intelligence, cloud computing and networking.
- Think innovatively and work on multidisciplinary research areas.
- Practice communication and decision-making skills through the use of appropriate technology and be ready for industry culture.
Department of Information Technology (IT) was established in the year 1999. The department offers an undergraduate program BE (Information Technology). Third year and fourth year of this program are affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) and the second year is under Autonomy. Students’ intake capacity for the program is 60 every year. Fifteen batches have graduated from the department till date. Every batch that passes out each year has passing percentage above 95%.
The department has 3 class rooms and 10 laboratories. The class rooms and laboratories are well equipped with latest configuration desktops. Each desktop has internet facility available. Use of open-source operating system and other software is encouraged. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped with LCD projectors as a teaching aid. In all, there are around 250 computers in the department.
The department has 15 teaching facultymembers, 2 Assistant Lecturers, 5 Technical Assistants and 5 non-teaching staff. Out of 15 teaching faculty members, 3 have Doctoral Degree, 5 are pursuing Doctoral Degree and remaining 7 are postgraduate. Faculty members have varied areas of specialization such as Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Text Mining, Computer Networks, Information Security, Android Forensics and Music Retrieval.
Our students are placed in reputed companies such as Salesforce, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, IBM, Barklays, Pubmatic, General Electric, Cummins India, Deloitte, Seagate, Infosys, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, KPIT and Persistent Systems. The maximum package offered in 2017-18 is 30 lakhs per annum. On an average, 65-70% students are placed every year through Campus Recruitment.
Some students pursue higher education at IITs, other engineering colleges and management colleges in India. Three students have pursued MS at Purdue University, USA through the MoU between the College and Purdue University. In addition to this, some students seek admission for MS in other universities abroad.
The students have excelled in almost all areas by securing University ranks, paper-presentation awards, project competition awards as well as trophies in sports and cultural activities. Students have represented college in Football and Badminton at National Level. Students have also represented college in“Present around the World” (PATW) Competition which was held at National Level. They have won trophies in cultural events like PurushottamKarandak and Firodiya. They are also winners of Murthy Award for Best Performance in Sports. As a result, department has fetched Best Class Award seven times and Best Department Award five times.