About The Information Technology Department
Instill proficiency in information technology among women through quality education for the benefit of society.
- To provide cutting-edge technical knowledge to develop industry-ready women
- To nurture research attitude among students.
- To cultivate ethical practices and sense of societal responsibilities.
- To foster interpersonal and leadership skills through co-curricular and extracurricular
activities to enable students for higher studies.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates who will possess knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology to pursue successful careers in IT industry and higher studies.
- To develop competent IT engineers having core knowledge of data structures, databases, operating systems and computer networks for solving technological problems with systematic approach.
- To expose students to variety of information technology domains for widening their technical breadth and depth to solve multidisciplinary problems.
- To groom students to have conscience of ethical practices and commitment towards societal contributions.
- To develop abilities of students for lifelong learning through conducive academic environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Upon successful completion of UG course in Information Technology, the students will attain following Program Specific Outcomes:
- Apply mathematical fundamentals, algorithmic principles, system programming concepts and theory of computations for developing computer-based systems.
- Employ software architecture and engineering concepts to provide IT solutions in areas like business intelligence, cloud computing and networking.
- Think innovatively to develop multidisciplinary systems.
- Practice communication and decision-making skills through the use of appropriate technology and be ready for industry culture.
This program was started in the year 2000. The department offers an undergraduate program of BE (Information Technology).This program is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. It is accredited by NBA (National board of Accreditation).
The students’ intake capacity for the program is 60. There are eighteen faculty members in the department. Seven faculty members are in the process of pursuing the doctoral degree. The department is spread across two floors with three class rooms and eight laboratories. The laboratories are well equipped with latest configuration desktops. Each desktop has an internet available and has the licensed software required for the curriculum. All classrooms and laboratories are equipped LCD projectors as a teaching aid.
Project laboratory for final year students has high end desktops with different configurations to fulfill the project needs. Each laboratory has a small library, which has books, manuals related to the laboratory course being conducted there. The students refer the books as and when required. Along with this, the department also has a department library which has seminar reports of third year students and project reports of the final year students. Some of the final year students do their projects that are sponsored by renowned companies. This gives them the exposure to the industry practices.
Twelve batches have graduated from the department till date. Every batch that passes out each year has results above 95 percent.
Since the first batch that graduated in 2003, the industries like Google, Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Barkley, Pubmatic, GE, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, KPIT and Persistent have absorbed our students. The maximum package salary offered is 16 lakhs per annum. Almost seventy percent of the students are placed every year through Campus Recruitment. Some students opt for higher education such as MS, MBA or MTech from reputed universities.
The college has a MoU with Purdue University for Masters program. Three students had a chance to pursue their MS through this program. In addition to this, the students seek admission for MS in other universities abroad.