YUKTA- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell at Cummins College of Engineering for Women
The E-Cell named Yukta was started in the year 2009-2010 on 18th March 2009 at the College.
The structure of E Cell:
Faculty In charge:
Ms Rohini Mulay
BSc MDBA, Certified facilitator- EDII and NEN
Mr Makarand Velankar
ME, DMM, Certified facilitator NEN
Students E Leaders:
- Radhika Sasawade- Coordinator & finance
- Padmaja Kulkarni – Public Relations
- Shweta Mulay – Documentation
- Priyanka Sinha – Marketing
- Sugandha Sharma – Execution
ACTIVITIES OF E-CELL 2011-12
HANDING OVER CEREMONY
The responsibility of the E-Cell, ’YUKTA’, was forwarded by the senior E-Leaders to the new, upcoming E-Leaders of Cummins, at K.B.Joshi hall. A brief introduction about E-Cell was given by the senior E-Leaders. The ceremony was graced by the presence of our Principal Mrs. Madhuri Khambete, Ms. Rohini Mulay, HODs of all departments and senior faculty members. Everyone was encouraged by Principal’s speech.
FE orientation was held in first week of September 2011. We got an overwhelming response from the newly joined students. We gave detailed information about ‘YUKTA’ and National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN). We shared videos of some famous entrepreneurs. This was followed by an interactive session.
An inter college theme based event, ‘SRUSHTI’, was organised on 24th September 2011 in the college premises. Eco-Friendly products and ideas’ was the theme underlining Srushti. The event was organised to provide a stage for the developing environment friendly and energy saving products and ideas. The event was inaugurated by Principal, Ms. Madhuri Khambete. The winners and participants were felicitated by honourable guests, Mrs. Lila Ketkar and Mrs. Ranjana Gogate. Both the guests are NEN certified and NEN consultant.
We had a good turnout from students of our college and other colleges. The major attractions of the day were:
- Sale-cum-exhibition: The students were asked to present and sell innovative eco-friendly products/projects.
- Rs. 50 game: The contestants were provided with Rs. 50 and then they had to make profit off that.
- Quiz Competition: Participants had to face a quiz on the theme of the day.
The movie ‘Harishchandrachi Factory’ was screened in K.B. Joshi hall on 2nd August 2011. Our precious guests for the day were, Vice principal, Mr.Todkar, Mr.Atul Joshi.
E-WEEK AT SCHOOL
The spirit of entrepreneurship was spread far and wide. We celebrated the E-week at some local schools on dates 9th and 10th February 2012. We contacted following three schools:
- MKSSS’s Mahilashram High Mandir, Karvenagar
- Sant Tukaram Vidya Mandir School, Karvenagar
- Shri Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Karvenagar
Students between the age group of 7 to 12 were chosen. The Rs. 50 game was conducted with some students to give them the practical exposure of entrepreneurship.
The E-Leaders attended “E-Leaders conference” in the Management college of Symboisis in month of October 2011. E-Leaders of other colleges were also present there. A one day workshop was conducted by Ms. Sujaya Rao.
VISIT TO ‘APLA GHAR’ ORPHANAGE
We visited ‘Apla Ghar’ orphanage in the month of January 2012. The idea behind the visit was to learn about the working system and administration. We interacted with the children staying there, played games and left with a feeling of contentment.
The E-Week was celebrated in full fervour from 11th to 14th February 2012. The theme for the E-Week was ‘INVENT THE FUTURE’. The events organised during the week are listed below.
- E- Week Inauguration and Product Launch: The E-week ceremony was inaugurated on 11th February 2012 by Mr.Anurag Agrawal. He is the General Manager at STEC India Pvt Ltd and founder of social initiative called Akash Bharti. After the inauguration, we launched two products designed and developed by E-leaders and E-members under the guidance of Prof. Atul Joshi, Dept. Of Instrumentation and Control. The two products launched were:
i. Milk Buzzer: The device when attached to the container in which milk is boiling,, makes a buzzing sound when the milk reaches its boiling temperature.
ii.Water Level Indicator: This device is kept immersed in the water tank makes a buzzing noise when water touches the device. This prevents overflow and saves water.
2. Awareness Campaign – On 12 Feb 2012 we approached over 1 lakh people in various places in Pune and spread awareness about entrepreneurship and possibilities in the field.
3. E-Bazzar – The most loved and awaited event of the whole week, E-Bazzar, was held on 18th Feb 2012. Students and small scale businesswomen were given a stall to sell their products. There was a wide variety of stalls. There were stalls selling handmade greeting cards, accessories, mehendi, food, etc.
INTER COLLEGE EVENTS
1.Web Designing Competition: On 13th Feb 2012 a web designing competition was organised in college premises. The competition instilled new ideas and thoughts in minds of upcoming entrepreneurs.
2.Business plan competition – On 14th Feb 2012 Business plan competition was held. The competition was for students interested in presenting a business plan.
3.Poster making competition - Students had to make posters on the theme “invent the future.”
Presently, we are interviewing women CEOs and Co-founders of various companies.
We take this opportunity to invite our alumnae who are running business to share their stories.