Information About The Department
The Department Vision
To provide excellent technical education for women in Electronics and Telecommunication engineering in the global context
The Department Mission
- To impart quality education that enables building up of successful careers and to motivate the pursuit of higher studies
- To train for adapting to technological advances and challenges in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To provide an intellectually stimulating and congenial atmosphere for exploring new ideas in multidisciplinary fields, excelling in academics and co-curricular activities
- To instill ethics along with perseverance and empathy
The Department Program Educational Objectives
- To provide contemporary technical education and intellectually inspiring environment to build strong foundation for a successful career in Electronics, Telecommunication and related industries and prepare a base for higher education
- To impart thorough knowledge of Design, Logic building and Realization of Electronic Systems
- To develop independent thinking, ability to envisage new ideas and apply to multidisciplinary aspects of engineering and technology
- To inculcate professional ethics, good communication skills, leadership qualities and the spirit of team work
- To encourage resilient and collaborative efforts, thus achieving life-long self- enhancement as well as motivating and assisting others in the society to succeed
The Department Program Specific Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Apply fundamentals of Electronics & Telecommunication engineering and Mathematics to solve complex engineering problems
- Acquire competency in design of Signal Processing, VLSI, Embedded, Automation, and Communication Systems in diverse fields including environmental and societal applications
- Work in teams and in leadership positions as committed professionals with strong ethics
- Adapt to rapid changes in technology and industry, undertake higher studies, research and engage in life-long learning
About The Department
Information about the Department:
The E&TC Department of MKSSS’S Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCOEW), Pune was established in 1991. Initially, it started functioning with 60 students. The student intake was increased to 120 in 1997. The department has also started the Post Graduation (PG) course of M.E (Signal Processing) since 2009 with an intake of 18 students and second shift of UG with an intake of 60 students thus making the total strength as 180. In 2014 the department also started a research centre for PhD. Degree under Pune University.
The department is Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The department has excellent infrastructure including Laboratories equipped with Hi-Tech equipment.
The department has a well qualified and experienced faculty with very good teacher student ratio. The department also has the advantage of collaboration with renowned industries like K.P.I.T., Avaya etc. The students of the department are also selected for undergoing Post Graduation Course of M.S. at Purdue University of the United States, since this college has a M.O.U with that University.
The students also do projects in collaboration with renowned industries which later help them in placements. The students are also encouraged to write papers on their projects and present them at various forums. Some of the students’ papers are also selected for presentation abroad at the international level. The students are encouraged to participate in Co-curricular activities like ROBOCON, SUPRA and BAJA National level Competitions. The students participate actively in NSS activities.
The Faculty of the department is encouraged to upgrade their knowledge by encouraging them to attend courses, workshops and seminars at state and national levels. The faculty is also deputed for PhD. The department also conducts Workshops, Guest Lectures, and Industrial visits to enhance technical knowledge.
The Department has a well equipped Library in spite of the college having huge central Library with Internet/Wi-Fi access.